Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Pretty Good Week Until....

Well, last Saturday, Kurt came home from the hospital. He was feeling pretty good the next couple of days. He went to the clinic on Tuesday, and they told him that he was a A student. They told him that nobody in his condition gets out of the hospital in one day. He was actually doing really well, they told him that he was still fragile and to keep watching him. They told us that we could wait a week before we came in again, unless something changed at home, and then we were to call them.
It was his best week since the transplant, although he doesn't feel that way, because when he feels okay, then he gets down because of all the normal things he can't do. But it was great to see him up more and working on our bills, which has been a great help to me, I'm not to much into doing those. Then on Friday, I ran to the store to get something for the swamp cooler, and I went to a couple of other stores. As I was about to come home, he called and said that he had an accident. I could hear his voice shaking, and I became really worried. He told me that he had slipped down our stairs. He said he was feeling pretty good and wanted to warm up his muscles, so we could go for a walk outside later.I asked him what happened and he told me that he had some rug burns on his leg. I was freaking out, and upset that I wasn't home when he had done this. I got home quickly, and on his thigh was a really big area that was burned and very red. He also had a little one by his knee and ankle. He wouldn't let me call the hospital, so I tried to clean it off, and he moaned that it was killing him, so I put some neosporin and a gauze bandage. We keep checking every day to make sure it's not getting infected. Needless to say, the next day he was sore and did not feel like walking around much.
Today, Sunday, I think he is feeling a little better, he tackled the stairs again, but I was in front of him, to make sure he was taking it slow. We go back to the doctor on Tuesday, so we will see what they say and do about it.
It is great to see him improving slowly, even if he doesn't think so. He is talking better, awake more often, and his spirit seems to be getting better too.
We are so happy and grateful for everyone still calling, helping out around our house. There is no way we could do this alone, even though it's hard to accept help. We hope that one day we can be of service or cheer someone up, that needs it.
Thanks again to everyone!
Cindee

No comments:

Post a Comment