Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Things are looking better!

Well I said things can change quickly and they have. Sunday was a really bad day with the fevers so high and his heart rate was really high as well, they almost put him in ICU. His brother Kerry gave him a really nice blessing and he was calmer through the night. On Monday, he still got a couple of high fevers, but his heart rate wasn't as fast. They kept him on Tylenol and then put a fan in his room and some ice bags around his body. The doctors came in and told us that it is probably going to get better as his counts go up. Around 5:30 he had some Tylenol and then in about a half an hour he was feeling pretty good. I had brought up some lasagne that someone in our ward had made for my lunch, and he really wanted some. We shared and that was the first time that he had eaten dinner, he said that it tasted really good. He ate some canned mandarin oranges and a popsicle. He was really acting so much better, it was great to have him back.
Tuesday, I called him and he sounded a little better as well. I came up after work and he was doing really good, they said his fevers had stayed down most of the day, so when I got here, I asked him if he wanted to walk, he said that he would do it. He also drank a boost drink yesterday, and then he had one today. They said that is good because they have nutrients and calories. They are counting every calorie that he eats. I talked to the PA today, and she said his numbers are coming up pretty good. They said today they are at 300, when the nutifil gets to around 500 and the fevers stop they will think about letting him come home, so keep praying that everything works well in the next week or so! I just want to thank everyone for the fasting, prayers and concern. I know that Heavenly Father has heard all of our prayers and taking care of him and helping the doctors know what to do for him. Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment