Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Update

Wow, what a journey! Last night Kurt didn't say too much during the night, he woke up about 7:30 in the morning, but was saying weird things and I couldn't understand him very well. He stayed awake, and that was something he hadn't done for the last two days, he also was trying to get out of bed, and he seemed more alert. I asked him if he wanted something to eat, but he said no. But he did want to watch TV and even wanted his glasses. Later in the morning we saw the physicians assistant and she asked him some questions and he did well. He still is saying some things that don't make sense, but he looks better. Then she told us that the liver counts were looking better, and everything else was stable, they were surprised that the liver did better, because the medicine that they are giving him might of made the liver worse, so they were happy about that, and because he seems more alert they think the medicine is helping the infection. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I know that a small miracle has happened. They were not expecting the liver to do better, and I really think they thought this infection would take him quickly. We're still not out of the woods by far, but I don't think they expected this. So I will do a quick update everyday. Once again thanks for your prayers, I know that is why he is doing better.
Cindee

No comments:

Post a Comment