Thursday, April 2, 2009

I was not ready for what happened today!


You won't believe what happened today, I still don't even believe it. Last Sunday Kurt almost went to ICU and today he got a 4hr pass to leave the hospital. I got here around 1:00 and got him ready, we went to Liberty park and he even went and sat on a bench for a little bit, but it was a little too cold so we just sat in the car and watched the birds. Then he wanted a hamburger from the Training Table, and a frosty from Wendy's, We drove around the Capitol, and got back to the hospital around 4:30. He was tired from his big day. He hasn't had a fever today. The doctor told me when I got here that his nutrifil #'s had gone from 900 yesterday to 5,400 today. I couldn't believe it. She said that if he continues to do well through the night and tomorrow that he could possibly go home tomorrow. It really turned around from just a few days ago. He will get to stay at home for about 10 days, and then come back for some more treatments. But they won't be as hard as the first treatment.
I just want everyone to know, that because of all of the prayers and Heavenly Father's love, that Kurt is doing so well. I know the power of the priesthood is very powerful, and he received many wonderful blessings. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the strength to get through this first part, and the knowledge that he is there for us. I know Kurt is grateful as well, but still a little scared, but we will get through this with all of the love and support from our families and friends. Thank you again for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment