Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Here we go again!

Kurt has done well the past two weeks, but a couple of days ago, he started to feel the effects of the radiation. He started with a sore throat, and then they found a sore on the thing that hangs down your throat (I'm not going to try to spell it). It has gotten worse every day, so bad that they are giving him lots of pain meds, and today he has slept most of the day. Maybe that's a good thing, so he doesn't feel it so much. He is having a hard time eating, drinking, and now getting up because of the meds. It's hard to watch, I thought maybe this time around, he would sail through it. They told us that it would take a week, or week and a half for the counts to start coming back up. So I don't think he is going to feel better for awhile. Hopefully this doesn't last too long, and he can get back to walking and eating. Thanks again for your prayers and help. I know we will get through this just like we did at first. Oh, and his hair was starting to fall out, so we buzzed him yesterday. I will take a picture and post it, I think he looks good.
I will keep you updated.
Cindee

No comments:

Post a Comment